Town Newsletter Archive
July 2017 Newsletter
We hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and that you are enjoying our beautiful area!
We have a few reminders:
* Please remember that outdoor watering is prohibited between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. [Ord. 5-9-02 § 3.]
* Weekly garbage residential curbside pick-up allows for 5 trash bags of individual household waste. Each household above the allotted 5 bags will be charged an additional $2.00 per bag. Garbage should be put out by the road no later than 7 a.m. for pick-up.
* Garbage needs to be put into containers—especially if left overnight or for a few days. Animals have been getting into the trash and/or the wind is spreading it around. If you have a lid, please attach it to the container so it doesn’t blow off.
* Yard waste needs to be taken to the landfill by homeowners to be put in a separate landfill cell. Yard waste is not picked up by town employees. Landfill Hours: Monday 9-12 and Saturdays 9-2.
* The Fire Department is looking for 6-8 able-bodied individuals, from the Town or County, to serve as volunteers. Monthly meetings are every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at the firehouse. There is currently a small monthly stipend being offered if certain conditions are met. Contact the Town Office at 435-784-3143 or email Manila Fire Department for additional information.
* Thank you to all those who have beautified their homes and taken care of their lots in Manila this year. We appreciate those who clean and mow their properties. For those who haven’t done this yet we want to remind you take care of this as soon as possible as these properties are becoming a public nuisance and a fire hazard.
Fireworks: Please remember that Manila is not immune to fire hazards. Conditions exist, no matter the cause, for fire to spread quickly throughout our town. Always have water handy (a hose or buckets of water) to douse fireworks. We would like to remind you that certain fireworks are illegal in the State in Utah: Firecrackers, M-80s, Cherry bombs, Bottle-rockets, Roman candles, Single or reloadable mortars, Ground salutes and any other explosive obtained outside of Utah borders. Please keep you and your family safe by following common-sense safety rules.
Mayor Gretchen Northcott
return to archive page »
Town of Manila
P.O. Box 189
145 East Highway 43
Manila, Utah 84046
(Mon-Thu 9am to 5pm)
(Friday 9am to 2pm)
Agendas & Minutes
Permits & Licensing
Contacting Manila Utah
You may now make online payments for your town bills using the following link. For additional information on setting up online payments please come visit us at town hall.
bill pay & login »